#styletalk: Interview with Tamlyn Audrey Mesthrie

Welcome to our first feature of 2017!

When I came across Tamlyn's Instagram account, I found myself scrolling through her feed and wanting to know more about her. I couldn't wait to get the inside scoop on her style.

Firstly, a little background on Tamlyn, she is a model with DMH agency and is also studying towards a Bcom Degree in fashion at the London International School of Fashion in Randburg. 

Jacket: Factorie
Top: YDE
Jeans: Ronanld Sassoon 


Here is what she had to say….

Tell us about yourself
Well I have a passion for fashion, I am a foodie at heart but by looking at me you could never tell. In my spare time I do a lot of shopping, sometimes it can get a bit extreme, but I’m working on my spending.

Describe your style

Well, it differs from day-to-day depending on my mood, I guess. It has a lot to do with what I see around. It’s definitely influenced by the Kardashian/Jenner girls.

Jacket: Edgars
Top: Sportscene
Shoes: Puma

Which fashion designers and fashion bloggers do you admire?

A fashion designer that I admire is not a typical option, it's Kanye West, I would say he is the biggest influence not only on my style but in my life as a whole, people constantly say that I have a "Kanye attitude" or "Kanye mentality", but in the end it all comes down to self-love.
With winter approaching, what’s your must-have item for the winter season?
My must have for winter has to be a long pair of black boots, preferably thigh highs.

#SAFWSLAY Tamlyn (Right) & Okebisgene (Left)
Jacket: Sissy Boy
Jeans: River Island
Boots: Cotton On

The one item you think completes a look?

The one item, I think that completes a look, has got to be confidence. With the way you carry yourself you could pull anything off.
Favourite places to shop and why?
My favourite places to shop: Top shop: they have stuff that one sometimes would not find in other stores. River Island: their jeans for the main reason because they are the perfect fit for my figure. More recently, H&M, because they have I would call it, a lot of clothing that are "Kanye colours". Also Mr Price most recently.

Top: Forever 21
Shorts: Factorie
Sock: Adidas
Shoes: Vans

Your favourite beauty/make up product you can’t live without?
The one beauty product I cannot live without has got to be my foundation. Which from Estee Lauder.
Favourite lipstick colour?
My favourite lipstick has got to be the MAC’s Whirl.

The one beauty trend you are loving right now?

One beauty trending I love at the moment, eyebrows, definitely eyebrows My fave brow products include Essence's Brow Kit and for an illuminator, the ABH Sun Kissed Glow kit, as well as the Urban Decay Illuminated Trio.


Top: Factorie
Jeans : Factorie

What’s in your everyday make up bag?
My make-up bag consists of firstly an eyebrow kit, foundation, eyeliner, eyeshadow, blush, illuminator, contour kit, bronzer and lipstick and liner.

Your insta feed is on point, what's your number one tip for taking an OOTD picture.

For the ideal Instagram photo, my key elements are good lighting and location; I pay a lot of attention to my location and background.


Top: Calvin Klein
Jeans: Factorie 
stockings: Woolworths 
Shoes: Vans 

Thanks for chatting to us Tamlyn, To keep up with this chic young lady, be sure to follow her on social media:
Instagram: @tamlyn_audrey
Twitter: @tamlyn_audrey
Facebook: Tamlyn Audrey Mesthrie

Share:

0 comments