Monochromatic Chic by Christelle

Today is part one of my monochromatic chic series. I'l be sharing my first look from my shoot with Talia Hamid. Collaborating with Talia was an amazing experience, I had a blast working with this gorgeous person. She has an eye for colourful and energetic imagery. Its extremely evident that photography is her calling and she kicks ass at it. Now onto my look.

What better way to get dressed quickly and chicly than in black and white! 

In the words of Coco Chanel: "Women think of all colours, except the absence of colour. Black has it all, white too. Their beauty is absolute. It is the perfect harmony."

The simplicity of black and white makes it timeless and classic. Wearing one colour is anything but boring, see how easy (and figure-flattering) it is to pull off a single-hue style. 

Working the monochrome look is super simple, there's none of the worry of wearing colours that don't compliment each other. Black and white makes the perfect partnership. 

No matter what your personal style is (edgy, sophisticated, chic, etc.) monochrome embodies all. It's the perfect minimalist look which stands out.

The Look: All Black Everything 

Let's face it,  black is so easy! Classic, slimming, clean and edgy all at the same time, black is the ultimate colour to wear.

The reason why I've chosen to do a form fitting full black outfit is because it flatters my figure and is a perfect "night out on the town" kinda look.


Believe it or not there's some scientific truth to the old saying "black is slimming." Black outfits absorb light rather than reflect it, so it tends to make it harder to see the wrinkles, lines and shadows that ordinarily form on a persons clothes.

The fit of the clothes play a huge role in how they make you look, which is why I've chosen a fitted pair of cropped ripped jeans paired with a black peplum lace top, as they create a sleeker look. Jeans make the outfit less formal and the rips add texture to the combo.

Note: If you wear a baggy shirt it wouldn't have the same effect.
Studded heels add a bit of bling to the outfit. A pair of heels always give the outfit a more glamorous feel which I love.

My accessories are all silver which compliment the silver studs on my heels. I've chosen to wear big chunky drop earrings to bring the outfit to life with a dash of sparkle.













Black open back lace peplum top: Mr Price
Ripped cropped black high waisted jeans: Mr Price
Peeptoe studded heels: Aldo Shoes
Drop leaf earrings: Woolworths

I absolutely love this look, black is one of my all time favourites and I definitely hope you rock it as well!!!
Xoxo Christelle.

Follow me on Instagram at christelle.pillay

Also be sure to follow Talia on Instagram at thhphotography

She is based in Durban and if you would like to book a shoot with her, you can either DM her on Instagram or email her at talia.hamid@gmail.com


All images have been taken and edited by Talia.

Share:

0 comments