Menlyn Mall Review - The Grey Blog

was given the opportunity to attend the official opening of the newly revamped Menlyn Park shopping centre as  a guest of South African Style. I was superbly chuffed given that Menlyn Mall has always been one of my favourite shopping malls, and one that I used to frequent solely for all my shopping needs when I lived in Pretoria.

The event was hosted in the malls newly built Central Park, an open-air piazza surrounded by  Pride of India trees and circled with popular restaurants. The MC for the night was the beautiful Gerry Rantsali who introduced project Menlyn Mall, the 5 million man hours that went into its completion , as well as its completed success which boasts it as  now being the largest shopping centre in Africa, usurping Durban’s Gateway Theatre of Shopping, as well as also being larger than Gauteng’s Sandton City, Cape Town’s Canal Walk and Waterfall’s Mall of Africa.  

I’ve always found the mall to boast a wide range of shops which included all my favourite ones, and the wide variety of dining options enticed me to spend my entire day there, so needless today when I heard talks of a R2.5-billion revamp, I was excited to see what more was in store for shoppers . 

Walking in on Friday evening amidst the buzz of evening shoppers, I was blown away … the revamp certainly did not disappoint. With over 500 stores , this  fantastic mix of tenants caters for all consumer’s needs. The mall boasts stores from the top international fashion brands such as Zara, Fabiani, H&M  as well as the beauty stores including Lush Cosmetics, Candi & Co, Splush, Brow Bars and 3INA. For me, these are major drawing cards which will be pulling me back to Menlyn Mall time and again. 

And what is shopping without fuel, for this goes hand in hand … the mall has a variety of eating options to cater for the hungry stomach as well as the sweet tooth . The mall also opened its doors to the Fun Company , which is the largest Fun Company in the country (a huge draw card for shoppers with children). 

The newly revamped Menlyn Mall has been designed perfectly to appeal to all shoppers, it opening is perfectly in line with the festive season and makes this and ideal mall to spend the day browsing for gifts, of simply spending quality time with the family. I could honestly go on and on about all the amazing stores this huge mall has to offer to cater to all fashionista’s need’s as I made time to sneak through the mall and indulge in some retail therapy , but what is better that experiencing this for yourself . This is a must see!











My OOTD for the night: Dress: Gucci, Shoes: Public Desire 


Don't forget to follow me and check out my blog.
Instagram: nafisa_grey
Twitter: @FareedNafisa
Snapchat: nafisa_fareed

Share:

0 comments