August Favourites

With the month of August coming to an end, a few beautiful South African babes are sharing what their most loved items were for the month of August. Check them out down below and be sure to follow them.

Chanel Heeralall

Chanel is a 20 year old, third year medical science student with a love for fashion. Here are her August favourites.

Throughout August I have been obsessing over the following fabulous items...the first item I've been loving is my new fossil watch which my dad purchased whilst in Germany. This classic yet modern timepiece adds a dash of sophistication to any outfit, night or day. The second item that caught my eye are rings. This timeless piece of jewellery has been so easy to use everyday and even on those days when I want to make a statement

Watch: Fossil
Single rings: Aldo
Statement ring: Topshop
Balm stain: Wet n Wild ( Available at Clicks)
Eyeshadows: Yardley
Wallet: Jo Borkett


The next item is my new Wet n Wild megaslicks balm stain in the shade caffiene fix. I love this balm stain as it looks great on any skin tone and its moisturising too! The fourth item that I now cannot live without is the yardley stayfast velvet quad eyeshadow in shade desert. This palette contains every nude eyeshadow a girl will ever need and it has an amazing texture. Lastly I'm so obsessed with my new Jo Borkett wallet. Its bright, vibrant and a perfect statement piece.


Given the cold winter weather coupled with my tiring business schedule AND being a mum , taking care of my skin is something that I cannot ignore, and given my positive experiences with the La Mer skin care range to date, I opted to try out the La Mer Renewal Oil (even though I was a skeptic as I’m not one for anything oily!) I was pleased to discover that the La Mer Renewal Oil is actually less of an OIL oil (it looks a lot oilier than what it actually is), and more of a serum-0il-elixir, which means that this is a much more comfortable product to use, if you generally shy away from oils. 

The oil which I found to be too light to be used by its own, was coupled with my day and night moisturizer, and the results were my skin feeling noticeably calmer, more even-toned, and more hydrated  (which was a huge plus in winter). The product when mixed with your day moisturizer creates a perfect base before make up application, and the oil mixed with your night moisturizer leaves your skin feeling refreshed and supple before bedtime. 
Skin care for me is an ABSOLUTE MUST and I’m very fussy about the products that I introduce my skin to … which results in me reading up on its ingredients and investigating other peoples experiences with the product. I can therefore honestly recommend this product as a definite ‘tried and tested’ if you are looking to achieve a more hydrated, supple and nourished skin. 


PROS:  lightweight texture absorbs quickly into the skin, Can be blended with your moisturizer for better effectiveness. Boosts hydration levels and keeps skin supple through the day.
CONS: Price
WHO WILL LIKE THIS: Anyone who prefers a lightweight textured facial oil
WHERE YOU CAN FIND ITStuttafords Sandton City (La Mer beauty counter)

Instagram: nafisa_grey
Twitter: @FareedNafisa
Snapchat: nafisa_fareed

Sashca

STRETCH MARKS Ladies do you struggle with stretch marks? Look no further than "Dermastine" it works wonders, like most ladies I have them too caused by the gym, squating etc. From"getting bigger " or loosing weight! 

It’s a cream, smells nice and it’s NOT sticky. Why it’s better than "tissue oil" is that it has more vitamins E in it, which will reduce the stretch marks more! Keep in mind, it will lighten them, not take it away! 

After a warm bath or shower I will apply just a bit off cream in my hand, and rub on to my bums, that’s my problem area! But it will also work for  the thigh, stomach and breast areas. Dermastine is available at Dischem.

I love it. 


Instagram:fitbarbiedol

Bianca Soupen

My ultimate favorite scrub right now . I literally can't live without it, and through those winter months I definitely needed my body to be moisturized and hydrated not only does this amazing scrub exfoliate the skin but lightens stretch marks as well in a matter of 3-4 weeks my skin was lighter in complexion and absolutely soft and glowing for those that are interested in trying it out head over to body blendz and check out their variety of scrubs honestly everybody girl or guy should have a bag.




Instagram: bianca_soupen
Twitter: MissSoupen
Snapchat: Ms_Soupen
Facebook: Bianca Soupen

Riasha Rao

Recently I was faced with the world's hardest decision, what new sneakers to buy?! If you have been to a mall recently you know there are thousands of sneakers to choose from, but nothing quite like the Reebok classics.They have been around since 1982 and I can truly understand why they have stayed in style for all these years, they are a godsend. Everyone needs a pair of classic whites to go with every outfit. If you're going for the street style look, gangster chic or even the "I just woke up like this" look , these shoes will help you slay the day, just like they do for me. I purchased my pair from the Reebok factory shop in Woodmead.



Jacket: MRP
Crop Top: Factorie
Leggings: Cotton On
Watch: Guess
Shoes: Reebok
Instagram: riasha_r

Hema Sita

Personally I have found that Dove soap has been the most gentle and affordable, skin improving everyday soap that leaves an incredible scent. I have used this soap for months and have seen amazing results. Instead of using a sponge I have recently bought a volcano rock for less than R20,00 that gently exfoliates the skin from Dischem.




Instagram: innovative_spirit

We hoped you enjoyed this August favourites post, don't forget to follow us and these beautiful ladies on the gram for more fashion & beauty content.

If you would like to be featured in next months favourites post, drop us a mail at southafricanstyle1@gmail.com or DM us on Instagram: south_african_style.



Share:

0 comments