Fashion Feature: Mbulelo Jili

Jersey: Top man
Jeans: Woolworths 

We are chatting with model and stylist Mbulelo Jili on the blog today.


Mbulelo is a recent graduate from the Durban university of technology, were he studied retail and business management. Apart from his modeling career, he hopes to be a fashion buyer.

He describes himself as a God fearing soul, who loves to read and of course to workout. He also has plans to start his own blog and showcase his cool style.


Jacket: Top man, Shirt: Zara , Jeans: Cotton on 

Describe your style
Every man is unique, and every man has his own individual style. I just incorporate my environment, my perception of what I deem is hot and trending and then i incorporate my personality. If I had to give it a name I would call it urban chic 
Where did your love of fashion stem from?
Growing up I was always fascinated by how a change of clothes can alter ones perception of ones self. Having this ability to transform and change how I feel about myself and how people addressed me seemed like a super power. My mum and grandma would always take me shopping and dress me up and the reaction of how happy they would get afterwards astonished me. Clothes have always been sum sort of happy place for me, I guess it stems from them 
Which fashion designers and fashion bloggers do you admire?
I have a long list of people I look up to with admiration, but from the top  of my head i would probably say Pharrell Williams. His take on pop culture and his out the box thinking as well as his continuation on pushing the borders and questioning what society deems acceptable is truly inspirational. The man is responsible for so many pop culture phenomenon's its crazy, his probably the reason why I love plimsolls.
Your favourite places to shop?
Woolies, Zara, H&M, Topman and of course Mr price
With spring/summer approaching, What's your must-have spring/summer staple?
Board shorts get them in every color and print but they must come with a 6 pack. (LOL)
In one sentence, sum up Mbulelo?
Big dreamer, easy going, fun, loving, vibe chasing all round nice guy. 

You can follow Mbulelo on Instagram at Mj_jili , for any booking queries or if you would like to work with Mbulelo, you can email him at Mbulelo.jili@gmail.com.


Top: Zara, Jeans:top man, Shoe:Markham , Jacket: Mr price , Bag: Zara

Share:

0 comments