Fashion Feature: Yusuf Dangor

For today’s interview I am excited to feature lifestyle and grooming blogger Yusuf Dangor. Yusuf is currently a quantity surveying student at the university of Johannesburg and blogs part time. 

His blog Groomed by YSF is one of our favourite menswear blogs, between his writing and the stunning visuals, it's absolute perfection. Yusuf’s sense of style has also received quite abit of attention; he has just worked with Kurt Geiger on an amazing collab, so were were excited to chat to him more about his blog and personal style. 

So let's find out more about his style.


Glasses: H&M, Jacket: Zara, Jeans: Diesel, Bag: Aldo Shoes, Shoes: Shelf Life Shoes

We love your collab with Kurt Geiger, what do you love about the brand and what inspired your looks?

I love Kurt Geiger and working with them has opened so many doors for me. Their clothing represents quality and sophistication which is something I look for in a brand. When I wear Kurt Geiger I feel like a gentleman.

Your favourite places to shop?
Topman, Zara, Ted Baker, H&M and occasionally Hugo Boss
Suit (Jacket) : Kurt Geiger, Shirt: Zara, Chino: Kurt Geiger, Lace up shoes: Kurt Geiger, Sunglasses: Aldo, Accessories: The Dapper Toad
What is your favorite style, formal or casual wear?

I actually don't have a preference, it depends on the occasion and my mood. Sometimes I like to mix it up and incorporate the two. However, when I wear a suit I feel more important haha 
Where did your love of fashion stem from?
My biggest influence- my parents, they always encouraged me to dress well. Growing up, I always looked up to my Dad who has a great sense of style.And also not forgetting my Mom who is my biggest critic and always offers her valuable opinion.
Tee-shirt: Topman, Denim Jeans: Topman, Sneakers: Nike Air Max, Sunglasses: Aldo, Watch: Hugo Boss Orange
Which fashion designers and fashion bloggers do you admire?
My favourite fashion designer has to be Tom Ford. His products, in my opinion, are the ultimate in men's fashion. A few style icons that I get inspiration from has to be Adam Gallagher and Rowanrow. Both are fashion bloggers and they really are style icons.
Your Instagram is on point, how do you come up with idea’s for your posts?
Thanks so much! It takes a lot of time planning and coming up with new content, but I strongly believe in quality over quantity. I also consult with my photographer Layla Shaik (@Laylashaikphotography) who has a great eye when it comes to producing a quality feed.
Beanie: Factorie. Heather blue sweater: Wrung
The one item you think completes a look?
A signature scent because, one of the first things someone will notice when they meet you is how you smell. And a good fragrance can leave a lasting impression.
Favourite accessories?

A good pair of sunglasses, a stylish watch and when it comes to a suit I'd say a pocket square and a floral lapel pin.
In one sentence, sum up Yusuf?
If I had to describe myself in one sentence it would be: I am an introvert, but if you got to know me you;d find that I am bubbly and great company.
Shirt: Kurt Geiger, Pants: YDE, Shoes: Zara

You can check on Yusuf's blog here and be sure to follow him on social media:

Instagram: groomedbyysf  
Twitter: @Ysf__D
Snapchat: ysfdangor4 




Coat: Zara, T-Shirt: YSL, Pants: Topman, Shoes: Nike

Cotton striped tee: Woolworths, Grey sweat pants: H&M, Sneakers: Adidas Superstar, Sunglasses: Aldo, Watch: Calvin Klein
All images are taken by Layla Shaik Photography, she is absolutely phenomenal. Yusuf's style and her photography complement each other brilliantly. You can check her out on Instagram at laylashailphotography

Share:

0 comments