Leah's Love List

Hi my lovelies

I'm Leah, a Bcom Law student with a creative streak. In my world of analytical thinking and numbers it doesn't leave room for my creative side and that's where my love of all things fancy comes in. It's my creative avenue, affording me the time to play and get my creative juices flowing. It  helps me create a balance and defines work and play. The  best part of fashion and beauty is the feeling you get from helping transform a person into the best version of themselves, the power of style and make-up is endless and I hope that each individual finds that.

Today, I will be sharing a few of my favourite products, I have had these products for a while now so they are tried and tested, hope you enjoy.


Real Techniques Core Collection and Eye Starter Set 
First on my favourites list, brushes brushes brushes...One of the most important beauty tools a girl could own. My latest re-crush would have to be my Real Techniques Core Collection and my Eye Starter Set, I got these sets a while ago but recently fell inlove again with their versatility and quality.

Let me give you the 411 on the Core Collection first, the set comes with four brushes and a carry case which converts to a stand for when you want to air dry or just display your brushes. 

The brushes included are:
  • A detailer brush which can be used for concealer, a sharp nose contour or applying lipstick with precision.
  • A foundation brush in the perfect shape to ensure all areas of the face are considered and allows for the best coverage.
  • A buffing brush that is amazing for powder application, depending on your choice of setting powder this brush works with both translucent or pressed powder alike and you get an even distribution of product every time.
  • A contour brush in just the right size so you can get your face snatched with ease.

My second collection is the Eye Starter Set, this set comes with the same case as the Core Collection (in a different colour, definitely would not want to grab the wrong set!), there are five brushes that make up this set that cater to all your eye essentials.

1.    The deluxe crease brush, to define your crease and create a background for your entire look.

2.    The base shadow brush, which can be used to add colour to the lids in the form of pigment or shadow.

3.    The accent brush, because eyeshadow is not only for your eyelid but your lash line and brow bone too, this brush let’s you highlight, detail and smudge away.

4.    The fine liner brush, winged eyeliner has become a staple and this is the perfect tool to help you achieve wings of all shapes and sizes.

5.    The brow brush, your eyebrows are the backbone of your face and Real Techniques knows this for sure! That’s why they have included a brow brush that helps you get your brows fleeky.

These brushes have become an essential to me, they are the perfect size for traveling and someone who is on the go. The brushes range from soft and fluffy to firm and dense depending on their use, Real Techniques certainly created these collections with versatility and quality in mind, whether your starting out with make-up or you’re a seasoned pro these brushes do not discriminate.



Mac Studio Fix Fluid
My second favourite for the month would have to be my Mac Studio Fix Fluid, this is a liquid foundation that has a thick creamy texture, the product comes in a 30ml glass bottle however there is no pump on the bottle but you can purchase one from Mac, there are 36 shades ranging from your neutrals, cools, neutral cools and neutral warms, this product does have an SPF of 15 making it wearable for the day and also for those with skin conditions looking for a little extra protection, which brings me to my next point SPF and flash photography don’t always gel well and I’ve noticed that you do end up with ghost face in pictures.

In my opinion this is a medium to full coverage foundation that blends seamlessly. The best form of application I've used would have to be with my damp beauty blender. This product has a matte finish and I have found that this foundation works best over a primer, especially if you have oily skin it tends to oxidize and cake in the oiler regions of the face and setting with a powder extends the matte coverage dramatically.



Essence I <3 Stage Eyeshadow Base
My third fave would have to be my essence I <3 Stage Eyeshadow Base, which is an eyeshadow primer. The product comes in 4ml tube with an applicator and basically lasts forever, it comes in a standard colour and aims to create a blank canvas for your eye look, by canceling out redness and discolouration on the lid, I have found for redness this primer is effective however more severe discolouration it tends to be a little too light weight, and requires an additional step of concealer, this product helps enhance pigments and shadows and extends wear-ability drastically, it’s definitely worth a try.

Wet n’ Wild Comfort Zone Palette
My last favourite is definitely my Wet n’ Wild Comfort Zone Palette, I picked this beauty up from my local Clicks Store with not much expectation except for finding the colours appealing but I was pleasantly surprised with the pigmented, buttery goodness I got, there are eight shades in total:

  • Two brow bone highlights- A champagne shade and a pewter shade
  • Two eyelid shades- An almost rose gold shade and a spring time green
  • Two crease shades- A golden brown colour and smokey golden charcoal colour
  • Two definers shades- A burgundy colour and a teal and deep red colour that depends on the way light hits the lid.

Each shade has either a shimmer finish or has golden sparkles in the pigment and the looks that are possible with these eight shades are endless, I find that you can get a variety of day looks but also more dramatic evening looks and all shades are compatible, in terms of application, there is a little applicator that comes with the set but in my honest opinion it’s a very useful. The fall out is minimal and the shadows do stand the sweat and hours test. This palette is definitely worth a try with all it has to offer and its reasonable price it definitely won’t disappoint.

I hope you find this information useful to your make-up experience.
Much Love.
Leah Xx ( You can find me on Instagram at tarynleah20)

Share:

0 comments