Fashion Feature: Kollontai Tom

Kollontai Tom, better known as Kolly, is one of the most stylish and sophisticated Instagrammers we have come across. She's so effortlessly beautiful and chic. We love that shes edgy and not afraid of switching up her looks. Whether it's a casual daytime look or if it's full on glam, she always looks fabulous and polished.

Kolly is currently a market wellness intern at Nestle; with her education, fashion and other interests, shes definitely a well rounded individual. She is fearlessly ambitious, a hard worker and according to her abit of a nutter. (LOL)

Dual slit dress: vintage clothing store in Cape Town; shoes: Call-it-spring US

She took some time out of her busy schedule to chat to us about her style.

Describe your style

I’m naturally a non-conformist and so my style is a reflection of that; to accurately describe it is ‘vintage with a touch of sensual modernity’. I’m also very daring when it comes to my clothing choices and put together outfits in a way that celebrates my body shape.
Which fashion designers and fashion bloggers do you admire?
Fashion designers, to name a few, would be Elie Saab, Nhlanhla Nciza, Vivian Westwood, Marc Jacobs, Rihanna (grin) and Dsquared. Fashion bloggers: Style Alert SA, Crystal Kasper, Nyane’ Lebajoe, Micah Gianneli, Sherlina Nym and Thequeenxb (Zama).
Top: Forever new; skirt: Forever 21; shoes: Steve madden

With spring/summer approaching, What's your must-have spring/summer staple?
A divine block-heel-high-heeled sandal.
The one item you think completes a look?
A good shoe.
Jumpsuit: The Lot; coat: cotton on; shoes: Top shop

What’s your favourite trend at the moment?
Tassels! I am so obsessed actually, it’s frightening.
Your must have accessory?
Rings upon rings upoooon!
Rings: Lovisa. Watch: Michel Herbelin

Heels? or Flats?
Heels.
Your favourite beauty/make up product you can’t live without?
My Smash box “Limitless liquid liner pencil in black”. What would become of my cat-eye without it? Lawd.

Favorite lipstick colour?
MAC “flat-out-fabulous”. It gives me all kinds of hell yeahs!


Favourite places to shop and why?
Vintage shops and on-line: I always find such unique pieces that really push the boundaries of my creativity when it comes to putting an outfit together-that’s when I usually pull together a bomb ass, sauce-serving outfit.
Top: Top shop; jeans: vintage clothing store in Cape Town (torn by me); shoes: River Island

Whats in your everyday make up bag?
I don’t wear make-up every day because I have such sensitive skin, but with me 24 hours of the day is my brow kit: MAC brow pencil in “stubborn brown”, MAC studio finish concealer in NC50, sharpner from Michelle Ori, a spoolie brush and no208 brush both from MAC, Elizabeth Arden “8 hour cream” lip balm, my Pure colour envy lip-gloss in “potent petal” and Double-wear-stay-in-place powder in “rich chestnut 43” both from Estee Lauder
Bag: Ted Baker
We hoped you enjoyed this feature and fell in love with Kolly's style, like we have! You can follow her on Instagram at kol_gate or find her on Facebook at Kollontai Tom (Kolly).

Hooded lace-cape-dress: vintage clothing store in Cape Town; shoes: YDE

Jeans: Top Shop; shoes: Steve madden

Top: Dark Paradise in Cape Town; skirt: TheB_collection in Durban; shoes: Steve madden.
See-through dress: vintage clothing store in Cape Town; high-wasted underwear: Woolworths; bra: Woolworths; shoes: Steve madden.


Share:

7 comments

  1. Love these outfits! I’m always in need of cold-weather inspo! :) Techlazy.com Howmate.com Crazyask.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am so super proud of you Kollo from Mazomba

    ReplyDelete
  3. That look is exactly what i would wear. It's simple comfy and looks so good. I like it that not all skirts have to be so short, thet length suits for most of people and looks flatetring as well.

    Harold Burton

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine tackling a New England winter with nothing but a peacoat! I love that coat! I joke that I want one of those super long puffer coats that goes to my ankles. Super cute right? Right? Haha! Thanks for hosting.
    Joseph Donahue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfits. the red makes the outfits 10 times better. all you need is one staple piece to brighten up the whole outfit. cute blog girl :)
    Kelly Hubbard

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously V, I Just love these photos! The trees and snow makes everything look so ethereal. Also, that outfit is killer -- I don't know how you do it, but you make everything look like it was meant for you. I am desperate for that coat now!
    Holly Hooper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your article you can also read best cryptocurency coin article of the year Ethereum Classic Price .

    ReplyDelete